Sunday, January 4, 2009

Anyone know what this is?


For those of you from the adoption community...you know what this is. This is all of the blood, sweat, tears, worry and frustration all scattered on my bed. (Actually it really isn't all of it...the homestudy is already at our agency.)


For those of you not from the adoption community, this is our dossier. It has our birth certificates, marriage certificate, two background checks each, a letter of adoption, employment and salary letters for both of us, physicals for each, and the ever elusive I797 (letter from the US government stating we can adopt a foreign orphan.)


All of them are notarized.


All of them are state certified.


Tomorrow they will all be in the mail to our agency to be sent to the Chinese consulate to be authenticated.


Then translated.


Then sent to China.


Then the wait starts ALL over again.


But at least once it is there, it is only a matter of months before Noah is home.


In the mean time, we need to...


get passports for Jacob and Nathan...(they are traveling with me)


Leonard will take 6 credits,


I will take 9 credits,


I will be teaching 6 credits at Aims,


I need to take one of my PLACE tests for my masters,


watch about 20 more basketball games,


about 10 baseball games,


go to about 10 track meets,


have 8th grade graduation,


Leonard will be in Las Vegas for a week,


and possibly take a family vacation to Pennsylvania at the end of May.


Hhmm, I think we will be busy. Hopefully this will help the time go fast! :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

YEA!!! So you finally got that all-elusive USCIS approval! :) WOOHOO!!! With all of that stuff to do, it will be no time at all before you're on your way.