Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update...

After sending our dossier to our agency, there were two items missing. Actually one item wasn't missing, but Leonard's doctor had marked him as having Hep B. China would have said NO!!! if that would have gone to them. So it was a good thing our agency was on the lookout for things.

So it was back to getting paperwork done, notarized, and certified...then overnighted to our agency AGAIN, and I am thinking this is it.

We should know tomorrow.

But...you know all of the delays we have had.

Little stops along the way. All the while I knew God was at work for some reason.

I may have found the reason.

I hate to even think it. I hate to even dream it. I hate to even write it.

My sister in law- a mom to four kiddos from Eastern Europe reads a lot of adoption blogs. She found one today.

It talked about 4 older kids that will be turning 14 in the next few months. When that happens in China, they are no longer adoptable. At all. They then head for a life of who knows what.

One little girl has to be adopted by July or else.

She loves crafts. She loves knitting. She loves clothes.

Could she be the reason?

How many miracles would have to take place in order for her to become my daughter?

Let's start with the first miracle...my husband! ABSOLUTELY NO MORE KIDS has been stated more than once.

I brought it up to him this afternoon. He didn't say no.

Then let's go to China, the CCAA. They require that all adoptions have at least one year in between them. However, for the older, harder to place, they are willing to give many waivers to families.

I have asked a couple of different people who are much more experienced with Chinese adoption. They have stated that if I could possibly get our I797 (Immigration approval) changed to have two adopted, and have our homestudy amended so that it states we can be approved for two kids, there would be a chance we could adopt two at a time....which was TOTALLY unheard of until just this last year.

No I won't think about it. No I won't dream about it. But I am on my knees praying about it. Praying God will remove this thought from my mind and this feeling in my heart. Maybe her family has already found her. I so very much hope so!!!!

No comments: