Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We did it...

We did it.
As crazy and insane as this sounds, we did it.
We have filled out the application for our newest addition...
The first piece of paper of hundreds..
What does that mean?
It means we get to start talking in acronyms, dealing with dates, etc.
So with that in mind, lets get down and find out what is going on...

1. We filled out the application and electronically sent it to the agency tonight. Tomorrow, we will send the actual one with our application fee.
2. We are currently waiting for an LOI (letter of intent) that needs to be filled out by us, sent to the agency, translated into Chinese and then sent to the CCAA (Chinese.) The LOI is basically a letter from us, stating why we want to adopt this little guy, how we will take care of him, and what our plans are for him.
3. After the CCAA has approved us (hopefully) we will receive a PA - which means pre approval.

For those of you who believe in signs from God, keep reading...
This little guy's "American" name from the agency (which really isn't his real name, it is just one that is given to the children by the agency in order to make it easier for people to reference these kiddos when asking questions to the agency.) HHMMM, it is getting late.
ANYWAY, his "English" name is Noah on the agency's website.
Tonight, out of the blue, my husband, Leonard, disappears downstairs for a while. He returns with a book "15,000 baby names."
"I thought you would like to look through this tonight." For those of you who know him, you know this is huge...
I said, I would really like you to pick out his name. I got to pick Jacob, Nathan, Kylie and John's first names. I would like for you to pick this one. I just had one request - all three of our other boy's names are Biblical. I would really like for his name to be Biblical also.
Leonard said, I would like for his name to begin with an "N" so Nathan didn't feel left out...John, Jacob...
"What about Noah?" Leonard says. Ok, here is the deal...I have been the one with all of the paperwork. Leonard has only seen the paperwork with his Chinese name on it. Never has he seen or heard anything with Noah on it. Is anyone following me?
So Noah it is...I get to pick a middle name. Better get the book and start trying them on for size.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I LOVE it! Love the name and love the story. ;) Can't wait until you bring that little guy home! :)

Lynn Cameron said...

Hip hip hooray! I can't imagine a better family for little Noah! I'm just a little jealous, though, that I won't be traveling with you this time. Here's to a speedy paperchase (isn't it so much easier the second time around?) and good health to Noah as he waits.

Love, Lynn