Saturday, February 16, 2008

This is what it is all about...

I have a friend, which I met in China. She was there adopting her fourth child from China...her eighth child overall.
This little boy, who was older than most of the kids that are adopted, had a severe heart defect.
It was killing him, literally.
He had all of the effects of a bad heart, I won't even try to go into the details because I don't know enough about these things, but I know it was bad.
But even though his heart was not good...he still had a heart of gold.
We were in province with Lynn, her three daughters and two of her sons, my mom, Kaycee and me. After her two older sons left, this little gentleman was "the man of the house (or hotel, whichever you like.)
He opened the doors for us, made sure we were all on the elevator, all of us had a chair to sit in, and then we he would go about his business.
He played, he talked on his walkie talkie, he swam, and he slept. He was tired, his heart was making him be this way.

Fast forward a few months...he has had his heart fixed, and now he can run, he can play, and he doesn't get so tired.
You need to check out his story at - http://www.theunion.com/article/20080215/NEWS/144242038

Make sure you have a kleenex handy (for good tears, I promise.)

This really is what adoption is about. Bringing families together, for the good of the family.

1 comment:

Tami said...

That IS what it's all about. I'm so glad he found his family and his family found him...and now he has a fresh lease on life.