Thursday, March 12, 2009

Redirected

After a week and a half of a heavy heart and finally coming to the conclusion that I would travel along sometime in September or even October, I received a very surprising email.

Let's back up.

At this time, I will have six days paid for my adoption - the trip and the bonding...I have been told that I can see if our school board will change this policy. I have MORE than enough sick days to pay me through 8 weeks of maternity leave, however, as this is not a physical birth, 6 days. Moving on....

I emailed our agency to make sure that I would be traveling sometime after school started. I didn't want to have to go through the process of trying to get a policy changed if I didn't need too at this point.

Email back states, "we received an email from China today with your family's LID. It is 2-19." Ok, so this is only two weeks sooner than 3-2, however, 2 weeks is 2 weeks!!!!!!!

Still, I most likely will be traveling right as school starts. As our agency said that families are usually traveling 6 months after their LID. 8-19. School starts 8-17. And then there is Kylie's birthday on 8-30.
_______________________________________________________
Email received while I am typing this...

We are confirming with China right now to see which LID is yours. Ugh. 2 weeks is 2 weeks.

No comments: