Saturday, March 21, 2009

P-E-N-G-U-I-N

I am sitting here amazed today.

Kaycee - 3 - is sitting next to me very quietly coloring while I finish up 3 assignments for my class. I look over after noticing some movement that doesn't go along with coloring...

Kaycee is signing and saying every letter that is in the coloring book. Then after she signs the letters, she signs the word. (The words that are in the book are just the titles and there are pictures of the titles, like penguin....but still.)

Two nights ago, she and I were in my room at school and she was writing on my board. She likes to write her name. Then she signs, "write John name." So I signed J-O-H-N to her. She wrote it on the board, just like it was nothing. So I signed to her to write Jacob's name. I signed it to her again, J-A-C-O-B she wrote all of them except the B - she made a "d" instead. (I have some junior high kids that still get this wrong.)

I am now actually getting a little nervous about her being in preschool for three years. She has been in part time this year, then will be in full time for two years.

But I don't think it would be a good idea for her to be in John's class. Actually, I think that would be a really BAD idea!!!

I know she will be ahead of Noah, do I keep him back so the competition is less between the two? He is a little younger than Kaycee...

Time will tell, I guess.....

No comments: