Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Finding Day

It was two years ago today, our daughter Kaycee was found on the street in front of the Fuzhou City Orphanage.

It is hard as a mom, to think of their child, at one month old laying on the sidewalk, alone.

I am not dealing with this so well today. I look at her and wonder if her mom thinks of her on this day.

We celebrate her birthday on October 6, however, this is only an estimate. November 6 is the first truth we have about Kaycee. We know she was found on 11-6, before that...it is only a guess.

It is hard to think about that. Maybe as the years go by, and we have more truths and knowns, it will be easier for me to deal with.

3 comments:

Lynn Cameron said...

Hey there Valerie- I know just what you mean. I used to think alot about my children's first months and the pain their mothers must have felt in leaving them, but mostly about how sad it was for them to have had a a single moment in their lives when they weren't surrounded by protection and love. The longer I have them, the more matter of fact I feel about all of it, although I do think of their birth parents often.

Your family is beautiful and I love seeing how much sweet Kaycee has grown and blossomed since our time in Fuzhou.

I sent you an email a few days ago- hope it didn't go to your junk mail- let me know if you didn't get it and I'll resend.

Hugs to all,

Lynn

Sig said...

I sometimes thnk of what would happen to my daughter had she not come home. It hurts so much, I don't dwell on it...

Sig
www.wayhomeforana.blogspot.com

Tami said...

This is the hardest part about international adoption...the eternal questions. Thankfully one day you WILL know, and in the meantime you can enjoy this precious little girl.