Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday!!!

I absolutely love to shop on the Friday after Christmas. It is my FAVORITE day to shop.

This year, I don't know if any of you noticed, but Kohl's had their stores open at 4:00 am! Yes, 4:00!

Who would be so crazy as to get up at 3:00, brave the 18 degree weather, just to go to a good sale?

You are reading her blog...

My mom, dad, sister and I all got up, freezing and still half asleep from the day before, and waited in line.

The line was down the street and around the corner. We were in the middle, which meant only one thing...

We had a really good chance of getting exactly what we wanted.

You betcha we did.

"So what exactly are we getting here?" my dad says to me as we are both huddled together, shaking from the freezing wind that was blowing.

"Um, I would like to get a car rug for John's room, but if I don't get it, that is ok too." I said between chattering teeth.

"What are you wanting, dad?"

"Nnnothing."

So we braved the weather, the crowds, the long lines, and the lack of sleep, just so we could all go in and pick up the car rug that I wanted for John's room. How much did I save?

$5.00

Yes, $5.00. Think about it this way, somewhere in the world, someone worked an entire day or week for the $5.00.

Makes me feel a little better!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Shad did our shopping this year (I was able to stay home in my nice, warm bed and sleep until 8 a.m.! ;) Maybe next year we can go shoping together.