Sunday, January 27, 2008

The many, many corners of life...

Corner #1:



For the last two weeks, our family has been living on pins and needles. Leonard interviewed for a job in Kansas.



This job would be wonderful. The increase in pay would be more than I make in a year. Not to mention, it would be just a better job. But on the other hand, we would have to move our kids.



The little ones are not so bad, but the older ones would be really hard to move. Jacob would be a sophomore and Nathan would be in 8th grade. It would be really hard.



We have prayed and prayed, and prayed again that it God's will be done. So we wait. The longer we wait, the less faith we have that he will get the job, but of course - God's will.



Corner #2:



I have written a couple of times of my desire to adopt again. Most likely a little girl from China. There are many reasons:

1. Kaycee needs someone in the family that shares her birth country.

2. Kaycee has been so easy to adjust to, I know she has spoiled us...but that is ok!

3. I don't think a person can go into an orphanage and not be a changed person. Walking around, seeing the children...you will never be the same, really.



The first children I saw at the orphanage were four babies, all about 6-9 months old, cleft affected. Then in the next room were three babies - about 6 months old, all had CP, or at least that is what they were diagnosed with. They just layed there in their cribs. Needing held, needing love.

The next room was the preschool room. There were three boys in this room who will never be adopted out because they were "stolen" babies. They do not know who their parents are, but cannot be adopted because they were not abandoned.

The next room were school aged children, but due to SN they were not able or allowed to go to school. One little boy, about 8 years old had been badly, badly burned. His face and body. To this day, it will still make me cry.

For more on this little guy, go to http://www.fujiankids.org/ they are doing a fundraiser for him so he can have some surgeries. (He had been abandoned as a baby, was adopted by a Chinese family. Then there was a fire at his house and his mother was killed, he was burned very badly, so he was sent back to the orphanage.)



Anyway, I have been watching a little "boy's" file since about October. He has the same SN as Kaycee, although it does appear he can hear a lot better than she can, he actually has normal hearing, even without a hearing aid. His file is due back in a couple of weeks. After a file is returned to China, the file may or may not be sent to another agency. If it is not, the child will most likely live in the orphanage for the rest of their life.



He really has my heart. I have prayed for him, advocated on my groups for him, and still nothing. No interest in him, no family for him.



This was the same way with Kaycee. Her file was only days from being returned, and look what a beautiful little princess we have in our lives.



I am sold, just have to get my husband to jump on board.



I asked him to pray about this little boy. Not for anything, but just for this little boy.



He did.



"Let's talk about the adoption." He said this afternoon.



"What about it?"



"Let's see how and if we can bring him home."



I had prayed for a miracle yesterday afternoon. I asked for a sign. Perhaps this is it....

2 comments:

Lynn Cameron said...

Valerie-
I'm thrilled that you may be getting so much closer to your next child! I'll set all my thoughts and intentions for things to work out exactly as they should for you, both with the job situation and with the little one who has your heart.

Malone had his surgery on Tuesday, and everything went beautifully, We just moved out of PICU and should be going home tomorrow. His oxygen levels are up to 95% and he is PINK! Life is good.

What agency is your little guy with?

Will be watching for your updates.

Lynn

Tami said...

Yea! I'm so glad Leonard is opening up to the idea. I'll keep praying for the job thing too. We would love to have you in Kansas!