Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kaycee's Two years old!!






Kaycee's birthday was actually October 6th, but we just had her party. Between football games, baseball games, (Rockies in the World Series) and FFA events, this was the first time our family could get together.







Unforturnately, I really am not the birthday party person. I never have been.

Its not because I don't like birthday parties or anything like that, I just don't do them...

Anyway, we went to McDonald's for breakfast and the kids got to play on the gym stuff. They love it and nobody realizes that there isn't a cake, ice cream or anything like that.

We had both sets of grandparents, Uncle Scott and all four kids, and Aunt Brenda. It was a good time. Even though she didn't know it was a special day, she had a lot of fun.

This is Kaycee with her tutu on, going up the slide. I thought it was a cute shot! :)
















Then that night, our family celebrated with a cake. I missed the one year old eating her cake. She is such a clean eater - so we had to put a little chocolate on her nose just for us!










Deep inside though, I wondered as we were celebrating, if there was a woman, thousands of miles away that was thinking of our daughter also. Did she wonder what had happened to her? Did she send her birthday wishes to where ever she was? I will always wonder that. I will always pray for her. And I will always thank her for her gift to our family.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Aaaaaaaah! I am such a horrible Aunt!!! I had it written down as Nov. 6th!!!! Aaaaaaaah! Will she ever forgive me? Will you?

Gina (Caleeo) said...

What a sweetie! I just came across your blog from your post on the Fujian Yahoo group. Thanks for allowing me this glimpse into your wonderful family. We were at the Lakeside in late July getting our daughter. Best wishes, Gina (ginacaleeo)